WCW Halloween Havoc was one of the most consistent pay-per-view events in World Championship Wrestling. The inaugural Halloween Havoc was in October 1989, headlined by NWA World champion Ric Flair & Sting facing Terry Funk & The Great Muta in a Thunderdome cage match. For the next 11 years, Halloween Havoc remained mostly unchanged. It frequently featured cage matches and in the early '90s, it featured a "Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal" match in which the main event's stipulation was determined by a roulette wheel.
In one of the most awfulsome plans in WCW history, Hulk Hogan and The Giant squared off in combating monster trucks prior to their title match later in the night at Halloween Havoc 1995. The monster truck match ended with The Giant falling off the top of the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, MI.
Below is the complete list of each year's event with the headlining match (not all events were dated, but the sequence is listed for convenience and cross-reference):
- Halloween Havoc 1989: Ric Flair & Sting beat Terry Funk & The Great Muta.
- Halloween Havoc 1990: NWA Champion Sting beat Sid Vicious in a controversial finish.
- Halloween Havoc 1991: NWA Champion Lex Luger beat Ron Simmons in the Best of 3 Falls.
- Halloween Havoc 1992: Sting beat Jake Roberts in a coal miner's glove match.
- Halloween Havoc 1993: WCW Champion Big Van Vader beat Cactus Jack in a Texas Death match.
- Halloween Havoc 1994: WCW Champion Hulk Hogan beat Ric Flair in a retirement match.
- Halloween Havoc 1995: The Giant beat WCW Champion Hulkster by disqualification.
- Halloween Havoc 1996: WCW Champion Hollywood Hogan defeated Randy Savage.
- Halloween Havoc 1997: Roddy Piper beat WCW Champion Hulk Hogan in a non-title cage match.
- Halloween Havoc 1998: WCW Champion Goldberg pinned DDP; Hulk Hogan beat Warrior.
- Halloween Havoc 1999: WCW United States champion Goldberg pinned WCW Champion Sting.
- Halloween Havoc 2000: WCW Champion Booker T defeated Scott Steiner by disqualification.
World Wrestling Entertainment has owned the rights to Halloween Havoc since it purchased WCW in March 2001, but it has yet to host an event under that name. However, it has released matches from WCW Halloween Havoc events in its DVD library.