WWF/WWE No Mercy was one of the annual WWE pay-per-views held in October from 1999 through 2008, during which time it was mostly a Smackdown brand event. The first one was held overseas in United Kingdom in May 1999.
Its most-lasting mark though came as a 2000 video game by THQ/AKI, as a sequel to the WrestleMania 2000 video game, but it was the last release for N64 and it is still often the benchmark by which all new wrestling games are compared. The standout features in No Mercy were its backstage environments and its Create-a-Wrestler mode where each creation had four ring attires and each attire could have unique names, heights, weights, body parts, and music, technically allowing four different wrestlers per slot (although they would share the same moveset). Its best appeal was that the gameplay was easy to learn and fun to play amongst friends.
Below is a breakdown of a few details from each live event (date, city, key matches):
- May 1999: Manchester, England- WWF Champion Stone Cold beat The Undertaker and Triple H in a triple threat when he pinned HHH.
- October 1999: Cleveland, OH- WWF Champion Triple H pinned Stone Cold. Also, The Hardys beat Edge & Christian in a ladder match and Jeff Jarrett wrestled his last WWF match.
- October 2000: Albany, NY- Kurt Angle upset WWF Champion The Rock to win the title. Also, Stone Cold beat Rikishi (who was behind a vehicular assault a year earlier).
- October 2001: St. Louis, MO- WWF Champion Stone Cold beat Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam in a triple threat when he pinned RVD, and Chris Jericho pinned The Rock to win his first World title. This event took place during the WCW Invasion.
- October 2002: North Little Rock, AR- WWE Champion Brock Lesnar beat Undertaker in Hell in a Cell. Also, World Champion HHH beat IC Champion Kane to unify the titles.
- October 2003: Baltimore, MD- WWE Champion Brock Lesnar beat Undertaker in a Biker Chain match. Also, Vince McMahon beat Stephanie McMahon in an "I Quit" match.
- October 2004: East Rutherford, NJ- WWE Champion JBL beat Undertaker in a Last Ride match.
- October 2005: Houston, TX- World champion Batista beat Eddie Guerrero a few weeks before his death. Also, Undertaker beat the Ortons in a handicap Casket match.
- October 2006: Raleigh, NC- World champion King Booker beat Batista, Bobby Lashley, and Finlay in a Fatal Four-way.
- October 2007: Chicago, IL- Randy Orton beat WWE Champion Triple H in a Last Man Standing match. Also, World champion Batista beat The Great Khali in a Punjabi Prison Match and WWE Champion HHH beat Umaga.
- October 2008: Portland, OR- World champion Chris Jericho beat Shawn Michaels in a Ladder match. Also, WWE Champion HHH beat Jeff Hardy.