A rectangle is any quadrilateral shape with two sets of two equilateral, parallel sides and four ninety-degree angles.
A square is any quadrilateral shape with four equilateral, parallel sides and four ninety-degree angles.
By definition, all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.
Whenever two things are of a similar relation (All X are Y, but not all Y are X), it is often described by the denizens of The Casa (and their friends) as a "Square-Rectangle Thing."
Examples of Square-Rectangle Things:Edit
- All action figures are toys, but not all toys are action figures
- All heavy metal is music, but not all music is heavy metal
- English is a language, but not all language is English
- All vegans are vegetarians, but not all vegetarians are vegans
- All Video Cassette Recorders (VCRs) are Video Cassette Players (VCPs), but not all VCPs are VCRs.