WrestleMania IX was the ninth annual WrestleMania event from the World Wrestling Federation, held on April 5, 1993, at Caesar's Palace, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Neither the National Anthem nor "America The Beautiful" was performed.
- Tatanka beat WWF Intercontinental champion Shawn Michaels by disqualification when he pulled the referee out of the ring after getting counted out.
- The Steiner Brothers beat The HeadShrinkers when Scott Steiner pinned Samu with the Frankensteiner.
- Doink The Clown beat Crush when another Doink interfered.
- Razor Ramon pinned Bob Backlund.
- WWF Tag Team champions Money Inc. beat Hulk Hogan & Brutus The Barber Beefcake by disqualification.
- The Narcissist pinned Mr. Perfect with his feet on the ropes. After the match, The Narcissist knocked out Perfect with his forearm.
- The Undertaker defeated the Giant Gonzales by disqualification.
- Yokozuna pinned WWF Champion Bret Hart to win the title. Immediately after the match, his manager Master Fuji issued a challenge to Hulk Hogan, which Hogan won in a matter of seconds to win the title.
Road to WrestleManiaEdit
- Yokozuna won the 1993 Royal Rumble to earn a title shot at Bret Hart.
- Tatanka pinned Shawn Michaels in a non-title match on WWF Superstars, as well as in a six-man tag match on Monday Night Raw.
- Brutus Beefcake returned to the WWF in February 1993 for a rematch with Ted DiBiase, which ended when Money Inc. clocked Beefcake with a briefcase, much to the chagrin of Jimmy Hart. Jimmy Hart aided a fallen Beefcake, and the following week, Hulk Hogan was brought back to team with Beefcake to face Money Inc.
- More to be added
- It was billed as "the World's Largest Toga Party," a record that WWE takes far less pride in than the World's Indoor Attendance Record.
- It was the second year in a row in which Jimmy Hart was the cornerman in the WWF Tag Team title match, both times the match featured his current team facing his former-team.
- The tag title match featuring Hulk Hogan was his first match since WrestleMania VIII.
- More to be added
- Hulk Hogan lost the WWF Championship to Yokozuna in his first title match, which was not held until June 1993.
- Bret Hit Man Hart won the first King of the Ring tournament on pay-per-view in June 1993, and he regained the WWF World title the following year.
- Shawn Michaels lost the WWF Intercontinental championship to Marty Jannetty in May 1993, but he regained the title a few weeks later.
- Money Inc. lost the WWF Tag Team championship to the Steiner Brothers, but they quickly regained them, if only to lose them to the Steiners again. Their feud continued for several months when the Steiners beat Money Inc. in a cage match a week before SummerSlam '93.
- Despite winning his match by DQ, Undertaker continued to seek revenge on Giant Gonzales, finally defeating him in a Rest in Peace (No DQ) match at SummerSlam.
- After getting kayoed in the ring, Mr. Perfect sought The Narcissist backstage and attacked him; however, Shawn Michaels came to the save. As a result, Mr. Perfect feuded with Shawn Michaels for the next several months, culminating with a match at SummerSlam '93.
- Meanwhile, Lex Luger shed his marcissistic a few months later when he participated in a slam contest on the USS Intrepid on the Fourth of July. He entered the contest via helicopter and he was the only man able to bodyslam Yokozuna, despite attempts from athletes from WWF, NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- Bob Backlund continued wrestling in the mid-cards for the next 15 months before getting a title match with Bret Hart. After he lost the match, he snapped and turned heel. He won the WWF championship in November 1994.